Friday, August 1, 2014

Another Troopship from Scotland


Two my longstanding military history interests are The Thirty Years War, and The English Civil War. Until now I have only explored each through books and boardgames.

Decided it was high time to add miniatures to that list.


Normally I prefer 28mm figures. However with storage space a concern, I was pushed over the edge by the Altuos 15mm Range available from my good freinds at 15mm.co.uk


Leaving the details of painting up to "my" painter at Alternative Armies/15mm.co.uk, I selected a variety of figures, specified basing and sat back and waited.

I could not be more pleased.


Based on four stand units, the armies have sixteen figure infantry and eight figure cavalry units.


All together there are six units of pike, ten of musketeers, and some twenty units of cavalry and dragoons, as well as six guns. Two units of musketeers and two of horse are individually mounted to allow for their use in skirmish games.


As final tough there are four separate sets of command stands. One each for Imperialists, Swedes, Parliamentarians, and Royalists. Each set consists of a three man Army commander vignette, and three each of two man subcommander vignettes, equally split between horse and foot.

Now to find some hedges and buildings to scale...

In any event I STRONGLY recommend 15mm.co.uk to any readers wtih an interst in 15mm gaming.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Looking great! A great period of history to play as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! Featherstone's Wargaming Musket and Pike is my second oldest hobby book and yet I never acquired any figures before now. Thought it high time...

      Delete
  2. Interesting I should come across this post just after finding an interest in ECW myself!

    Did the pikes come separately and then you glued them on, or did they miraculously survive the journey?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,
      Pikes are attached and the packing was exellent. You should have seen the size of the box they came in. My boy was rooting around in the packing matieral for fun once I had extracted the figures :)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your AAR! Must admit, ECW is an area of interest, but for skirmish only. Although, I do see the fascination; a curious mix of Classical phalanx blocks and rudimentary musketry, combined with cavalry movements...something for everyone methinks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the kind words Bob. Trusting us with such a complex and large order was our pleasure. All of us here are very pleased with the result and we hope it brings you a lot of enjoyment in coming times. I watched the box being packed and it is indeed a mighty force!

    GBS
    www.15mm.co.uk

    ReplyDelete